Disclaimer: We do receive financial compensation for some of the products we recommend and personally sell, including Amazon on qualified products.
Commonly Asked Candida Diet Questions
This page has been set up to address some of the candida diet questions that we have been asked over the years. It is also a work in progress with constant updates added all the time as we get the pages written up. So if you have a question, please feel free to use the form at the bottom of this page and we will get back to as soon as possible.
A Brief Review of What Candida Yeast Needs to Grow
- Candida yeast needs various vitamins and minerals for growth. Such as biotin, zinc, various B vitamins, and most importantly sugar.
- All species of Candida can survive comfortably in a pH range of 2.5 to 8.0 so an alkaline diet is not going to help.
- An acidic diet is not going to help either because a ph of 2.5 is so low your body will compensate by stealing minerals from your bones to offset the acidity.
- You are better off eating a diet that is more neutral ph so you can maintain good health.
- Candida yeast grows in a temperature range of 68°F to 98.6°F. The body's normal temperature is 98.6°F with many people coming in slightly lower thus creating a perfect environment for yeast to grow.
- All species of candida grow best under aerobic conditions, which means that they prefer oxygen. They will however grow under elevated conditions of carbon dioxide although that growth is slowed.
- We know that Candida uses glucose (sugar and fructose) as a carbon source for growth; so an effective Candida diet must limit sugar from all sources.
- However, studies have shown that very low carb Candida diets which result in low blood sugar to the point of ketosis, end up inhibiting the neutrophil mediated immune response against Candida. So shutting down your immune system by eliminating all carbs is not a good idea!
In addition to the questions below, here are overall pages on the Candida Diet.
Candida Diet Good Foods
Candida Diet Bad Foods
Candida Diet Questions
Questions About Dairy Foods
Are dairy foods allowed on the candida diet? Is
Cheese Ok on The Candida Diet?
Questions About Grains & Seeds
Facts About Wheat and Roundup. What You Need to Know About Grains.
Is Corn Allowed on The Candida diet? Are Oats ok on The Candida diet?
Buckwheat Ok on The Candida Diet? Is Brown Rice Ok on The Candida Diet?
Is Quinoa Ok on The Candida Diet? Almonds, Almond Flour & Milk on The Diet
Questions About Legumes
Are Peas Ok on The Candida diet?
Questions About Drinks
Coconut Milk Ok on The Candida Diet?
Questions About Fruits
Is Papaya Ok on The Candida Diet? Are Bananas Ok on The Candida Diet?
Are Apples Ok on The Candida Diet? Is Jackfruit Ok on The Candida Diet?
Are Oranges Ok on The Candida Diet?
Is Carob Ok on The Candida Diet? Is Popcorn Ok on The Candida Diet?
More coming soon!
Candida Diet Recipes
I thought these recipes would be helpful.
Candida Diet Vegetable Recipes Candida Diet Chicken Recipes
Candida Diet Beef Recipes Candida Diet Fish Recipes
Candida Diet Desert Recipes
Back to Candida Diet Main Page
If you have any candida diet questions, please feel free to contact us by using the contact page of this website.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. The products and information contained herein are not
intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases or medical
problems. It is not intended to replace your doctor's recommendations.
Copyright © 2003 - 2021. All Rights Reserved under USC Title 17.
Do not copy content from the page or this website without my expressed written consent. To do so is Plagiarism, Not Fair Use, is illegal, and a violation of the The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.