The Worlds Premiere Authority on Yeast Infections
Mercury poisoning is a direct cause of chronic yeast infections, especially those that you can't seem to get rid of it. The general line of thought is the body produces yeast as a defense against excess metals. The yeast cell binds and absorbs its own weight in mercury and prevents it from entering the blood stream. What the yeast can't deal with is either disposed of through the colon or poisons you as methyl mercury.
When methyl mercury poisons you, it goes everywhere as it passes through the intestinal wall. The body's macrophages and master antioxidant glutathione try to clean up and detoxify this on-going mess. At some point they become weakened and depleted, tired, and worn out. Your yeast infection and other health issues gradually get worse and worse.
At Michael Biamonte's health clinic, testing the mercury levels in his patients with various illnesses, Michael found that 84% of his patients with candida had elevated mercury levels. The exact same number held for patients with parasites. 86% of his patients with Epstein Barr Virus also had elevated mercury levels. For those with chemical sensitivities, 85% were elevated and with chronic urinary tract infections 82% were elevated. Most other conditions were much lower.
Dr. J. Trowbridge has written in his book "The Yeast Syndrome," that some doctors specializing in candida treatment have reported to him that they have discovered clinically that 98% of their patients with chronic candida also had mercury toxicity.
Dr. Mark Sircus of Brazil, explains how mercury dental fillings promote the growth of Candida:
“Mercury vapors from dental fillings play havoc on the body through a host of means, the least of which is to feed the bacteria, fungi, and yeasts that thrive on mercury. Mercury will promote the growth of Candida, though as it absorbs the mercury, it thereby protects the system to a certain extent from its toxicity – until they are saturated then they begin to re-release the mercury in organic form.”
“Mercury fed Candida become more and more virulent and eventually penetrates the intestinal walls and invades the cells. These fungal microorganisms become quite at home in the cell, and can easily be considered a principle characteristic of cancer”.
Dr. Sircus could be right because this published study in 2012 found that candida yeast was 67% more prevalent among patients with amalgam fillings.
Dr. Scott Fogle from Portland Oregon, tackles the question of which comes first, Candida or mercury:
“It is very difficult to say which came first, the yeast buildup or the low-level mercury toxicity. The most prevalent theory is that low-level mercury toxicity causes some degree of suppression of the immune system, making it easier for the yeast to proliferate in the human body. This process is especially true in the gastrointestinal tract and in the vaginas of particularly sensitive women.”
An article in the November 28, 2002, issue of the New England Journal of Medicine, it talks about mercury levels being directly associated with the risk of myocardial infarction (heart attacks), and that this partially offset the protective effects of DHA derived from eating fish.
The New England Journal editorialized: "The notion that methyl mercury contributes to cardiovascular disease is certainly a testable hypothesis and one that warrants further testing."
Recently the Environmental Protection Agency said, "One in every six women of childbearing age has enough mercury in their bloodstream to cause neurological damage to their unborn children."
Mercury accumulation levels in females are 2:1 over males. It accumulates in the central nervous system, the endocrine system, and every major organ, as well as the body at large.
Mercury poisoning disrupts the pituitary, thyroid, hypocampus and adrenal gland. These disruptions help bring on fatigue, mind fog, short term memory loss, concentration problems, headaches and people can lose their sense of balance. Women can develop early menopause and endometriosis from loss of proper hormone regulation.
Mercury catalyzes oxidation of important parts of your body, the worst area being the membranes around and inside the cells. It sticks to the sulhydryl groups present on the membranes and destroys the essential fatty acids that your body can't replace. It also destroys the phospholipids that hold the membrane together.
It oxidizes the proteins inside the cells that hold the cell together keeping things like your dna in place. It kicks out the appropriate metal from the enzyme receptor sites and renders these sites inactive.
The significance of the above two paragraphs has a lot to do with cell to cell communication and the immune system. Your cells talk to one another and relay information so they all work together as a whole system. When cells are in danger for instance, they send out cytokines, which is a type of hormone signal asking for help from the immune system. If mercury has damaged the outer membranes it is unable to send out the required signal for help. Viruses, bad bacteria and yeast have a field day because the cells are defenseless by themselves.
If this is not enough, Dr. Mark Lustberg, of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Ellen Silbergeld, of Johns Hopkins University, compared data gathered from the 2000 U.S. census and the massive Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.
From this data and survey they estimated that 29 million people in the US had high levels, 20 mcg/dL or higher, of lead in their body's. Death rates of those in the study were also examined. The results turned out to be a little disturbing.
Lustberg and Silbergeld also found that blood lead levels ranging from as little as "20 to 29 mcg per dL were associated with a 39% increase in mortality from all causes. These low levels also were associated with a 46% increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases, and a whopping 68% increase in mortality due to cancer".
Even lower blood lead levels, "measuring from 10 to 19 mcg/dL were associated with a significant 17% increase in mortality from all causes and 46% increase in mortality from cancer, when compared with blood lead levels less than 10 mcg/dL".
Why is lead relevant to mercury poisoning and yeast infections? Because quite often lead also comes back high in the test results of those with high mercury levels and there are no safe lead levels. I also see high levels of antimony but I am not sure how antimony reacts with yeast at this time.
If you have chronic yeast infections or candida you must look into the mercury connection. When the yeast cell becomes saturated or has absorbed all it can, roughly its own weight, it disposes of the rest as methyl mercury and this can be absorbed into your body.
It is a vicious circle that can go on forever if you do not remove the mercury while treating yourself for candida.
You can take a look at the mercury poisoning symptoms page to see if this might be a problem for you.
You can learn how to do mercury testing here
if you want to verify that this is a problem for you.
On this webpage I have outlined how to safely treat yourself for mercury poisoning or other high metal levels. The good thing is, you can treat yourself for the candida yeast infection at the same time and I do suggest you do it this way.
Any questions about mercury poisoning or yeast infections, please contact me from the contact page of this website.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. The products and information contained herein are not
intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases or medical
problems. It is not intended to replace your doctor's recommendations.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018. All Rights Reserved under USC Title 17.
Do not copy content from the page or this website without my expressed written consent. To do so is Plagiarism, Not Fair Use, is illegal, and a violation of the The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. FTC Disclaimer: I do receive financial compensation for some of the products I recommend and personally sell.