"The Expert Authority You Can Trust"
FTC Disclaimer: We do receive financial compensation for some of the products we recommend and personally sell.
This yeast infection questionnaire is designed for adults and not children. It is broken into two parts, History and Symptoms, and your answers are rated by a simple numerical score. The history section is first, and a yes answer would mean you write down the score pertaining to that question. If a question does not apply to you, then just move on to the next question.
This yeast infection questionnaire is not an absolute diagnosis or an indication of an absolute yes or no answer, modern tests can confirm if you do have this or not. But it will allow you and your physician to evaluate the possible role of yeast contributing to your health problems.
1. Have you ever taken tetracyclines such as Sumycin, Minocen, Vibramycin, Panmycin, etc, or other antibiotics for acne for 1 month or longer?
2. Have you ever taken broad-spectrum antibiotics for respiratory, urinary, or other infections for 2 months or longer? Or in shorter time periods amounting to 4 or more times within 1 year?
3. Have you, at any time in your life, been bothered by persistent vaginitis, prostatitus, or other reproductive organ problems?
4. Have you ever taken a broad-spectrum antibiotic drug?
5. Have you been pregnant 2 or more times?
6. Have you been pregnant 1 time?
7. Have you ever taken predinisone or other cortisone type drugs for more than 2 weeks?
For 2 weeks or less?
8. Have you taken birth control pills for more than 2 years?
From 6 months to 2 years?
9. Do perfumes, pesticides, and other chemical odors cause moderate to severe symptoms?
Are your symptoms worse on damp muggy days, or in moldy places?
10. Have you ever had ringworm, athlete's feet, jock itch, nail fungus, or other fungal infections of the skin and was it severe and persistent?
Mild to moderate symptoms?
11. Do you crave sugar?
12. Do you crave alcoholic beverages?
13. Do you crave breads and simple grains?
14. Does tobacco smoke really bother you?
Add the points to what you answered yes to and continue to the yeast infection questionnaire symptoms below.
Each symptom below that you agree to has a simple rating system of 3, 6, and 9.
If the symptom does not apply to you rate it a 0.
If the symptom is occasional or mild rate it a 3.
If the symptom is frequent or moderate then rate it a 6.
If the symptom is severe or disabling then rate it a 9.
1. Fatigue or lethargy
2. Feeling of being drained
3. Poor memory
4. Feeling spacey or unreal
5. Inability to make decisions
6. Numbness, burning or tingling
Note: Can be associated with diabetes.
8. Muscle aches
9. Muscle weakness or paralysis
10. Pain and/or swelling in joints
11. Abdominal pain
14. Bloating and intestinal gas
15. Troublesome vaginal itching, burning, or discharge
18. Loss of sexual desire or feeling
19. Endometriosis or infertility
20. Cramps and/or other menstrual irregularities
21. Premenstrual tension
22. Attacks of crying or anxiety
23. Cold hands, feet, and /or chilliness
24. Shaking or irritable when hungry
Score the next round of symptoms 0 to 3.
If the symptom does not apply to you rate it a 0.
If the symptom is occasional or mild rate it a 1.
If the symptom is frequent or moderate then rate it a 2.
If the symptom is severe or disabling then rate it a 3.
2. Irritability or drowsiness
4. Inability to concentrate
5. Frequent mood swings
7. Dizziness or loss of balance
8. Pressure above ears or a feeling of head swelling
9. Tendency to bruise easy
10. Chronic rashes or itching
11. Psoriasis or recurrent hives
12. Indigestion or heartburn
13. Food sensitivity or intolerance
14. Mucus in stools
15. Rectal itching
16. Dry mouth or throat
17. Rash or blisters in mouth
18. Bad breath
19. Foot, hair or body odor not relieved by washing
20. Nasal congestion or postnasal drip
21. Nasal itching
22. Sore throat
23. Laryngitis or loss of voice
24. Cough or recurrent bronchitis
25. Pain or tightness in chest
26. Wheezing or shortness of breath
27. Urinary frequency, urgency, or incontinence
28. Burning when urinating
29. Spots in front of eyes or erratic vision
30. Burning or tearing of eyes
31. Recurrent infections or fluid in ears
32. Ear pain or deafness
Add all sections to find your final score.
Please also answer my questions below.
Between 75 to 150, you are considered to have a moderate candida infection.
151 to 225, you are considered to have a serious candida infection.
226 to 275, you are considered to have a severe candida infection.
Over 275, you may have an extreme candida infection.
The Candida Questionnaire is reprinted from "The Yeast Connection Handbook" by William Crook, M.D.
I personally partially disagree with this yeast infection questionnaire. Almost every adult woman would rate above 75 and would then be classified as having a moderate case of candida. If on the other hand you are rated above 150, then the chances are you have a yeast infection in your body.
I would use this yeast infection questionnaire in conjunction with the spit test that is pretty accurate, but not 100%, as a simple home test. This is how you do this simple home test:
Place a glass of water next to your bed when you retire. Upon awakening and before you swallow, work up some spit, roll over, and spit twice into the glass. Then get up and use the bathroom, brush your teeth, or whatever it is you do. Let the glass sit for fifteen minutes or so, then look in the glass. What we are looking for is sediment in the bottom of the glass (looks like dirt and is brown). The spit will also get cloudy, sink, have legs or strings, and maybe look spider webby. If it has strings or is spider webby, this is an indication of yeast. If there is brown sediment in the bottom of the glass, you more than likely have parasites.
If you use these two tests together and they are both positive, then I would not doubt that you have a yeast infection.
If you would like my personal attention with your yeast infection, you can copy and paste the yeast infection questionnaire into the contact form below, answer the questions, and send it to me.
Please answer all questions with a yes or no and add any particular information you feel is relevant to you. You can also contact me first, then use your email client to send me the yeast infection questionnaire by email. This is a little easier since with email you have a larger view than in the box below.My Questions
Have you ever had an illness or an injury and since that time your health has never quite been the same?
If you are female, do you get recurring vaginal yeast infections around the 18th day of your cycle or at any other consistent day?
Do you have any of the silver metals fillings in your teeth? Or have you had them removed?
If you have had mercury fillings removed? Did you do anything to remove the excess mercury from your body?
Do you normally get the flu shot every year or have you ever received the flu shot?
I also like to know a little of your health history and any other present medical conditions you may have?
Article written by Dan and edited for accuracy by Dr. Taylor
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. The products and information contained herein are not
intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases or medical
problems. It is not intended to replace your doctor's recommendations.
Copyright © 2003 - 2019. All Rights Reserved under USC Title 17.
Do not copy content from the page or this website without my expressed written consent. To do so is Plagiarism, Not Fair Use, is illegal, and a violation of the The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.